Unfortunately, many today are living thankless lives. As a Christian, we have so much to be thankful for. As we celebrate Thanksgiving, it is important that we say “thank you” to the Lord for all the wonderful things He has done in our lives. Here are 14 reasons the Bible tells us why we should give thanks to the Lord on a continual basis.
1. John 1:29 “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” Thank you, God, for the indescribable gift of your love and your saving power to all who believe.
2. Acts 17:28 “In Him (God) we live, and move, and have our being.” Just being alive is reason enough to be thankful.
3. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” We give thanks to the Lord because His Word instructs us to do so.
4. Psalms 118:1 (NKJV) "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!” We give thanks to God because He is good.
5. Psalms 118:1 This verse also tells us to give thanks to the Lord “For His mercy endures forever.”
6. Psalms 103:2 “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.” We thank God for the benefits He’s provided for us through Jesus.
7. Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV) God said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” We give thanks to the Lord because He’s always there to help us, even when we don’t feel His presence.
8. Isaiah 53:5 “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with His stripes we are healed.” We thank you, Jesus, our Great Physician, for the gift of healing.
9. Proverbs 18:24 This verse says that Christ “is a friend that standeth closer than a brother.” Thank you, Jesus, for the gift of friendship. You are my best friend.
10. 1 Corinthians 15:57 “But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” We thank you, Lord, that you are our victory now and forevermore.
11. Luke 6:38 "Give and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over.” We thank the Lord that He is Jehovah Jireh, the Lord God our Provider.
12. 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he (God) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” We thank God because He forgives our sins when we sincerely repent.
13. Psalms 16:11 “...in thy presence is fulness of joy.” We thank you, Lord, for the joy of our salvation and that living for you is truly joy unspeakable and full of glory.
14. Luke 10:20 “Rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.” The most important reason to give thanks to the Lord is because we can have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and spend eternity in Heaven with Him.
Everyone loves to be thanked... even your Heavenly Father! The next time you feel down about what’s wrong in your life, instead think about what’s right in your life and the wonderful blessings you’ve been given. Thank the One who has not only given His life for you, but Who continues to give you “richly all things to enjoy.” I Timothy 6:17
Yours in Christ, Pastor Tomson
WCA 5K Trail Race Walk/Run Saturday, November 4th (9:00AM) Westmoreland Christian Academy’s annual 5K Trail Race will begin at 9:00 a.m. at Lynch Field. This run/walk is a great fundraiser for the school, and we pray that God uses it to be a blessing to WCA.
Annual Mission's Sunday Sunday, November 12th Pastor Dennis Kutzner, General Overseer of CMI Global, will be with us for our annual missions Sunday. This will be a time when we remember and celebrate all that God has done through Lighthouse Global Missions over the past year. We will also be updating our monthly pledges for this ministry. Please pray, seek the Lord, and be obedient to what He is asking you to give to LGM on a monthly basis.
Night of Thanksgiving Sunday, November 19th (6:00PM) Please join us for our annual Night of Thanksgiving at 6:00 p.m. as we celebrate and give thanks to God for all that He has done for us over the past year. We will also be having refreshments in the gym afterwards.
No Midweek Services Wednesday, November 22nd Adult Bible Study and DV8 Youth Group will not be having services as it is the night before Thanksgiving. Enjoy spending time and celebrating with your family.